Explore our pools and venues
Students: Children (Weekly Lessons & Intensives)
Length/Width: 14m x 5.5m
Depth: 0.75m - 2m
A beautiful 14m x 5.5m pool located in the heart of Cambridge:
The peaceful atmosphere here is perfect for students who need a quiet environment to develop their strokes and bolster their confidence. We have the pool all to ourselves, split across two lanes, so that we are able to deliver a truly personalised experience tailored to your child’s individual goals and needs.
We offer both children’s weekly lessons and school holiday intensive courses here. St John’s College School pool is one of our most highly sought-after pools in Cambridge, so please feel free to enquire about spaces before they are fully booked.
You may also recognise the pool from our ESA Video Tutorial series!
Please read below for more information on pool rules and facilities:
- Once you are in on poolside, please remove any outdoor footwear or put on overshoes provided. Buggies are not allowed on poolside to ensure good hygiene.
- Please ensure that all students have showered before entering the pool. This not only preserves hygiene, but the pool’s chemical balance as well.
- Any smaller children and babies that are not being taught must be kept under your control and not be allowed to leave your side.
- Children under the age of 8 should be supervised in changing rooms and should change in the room that corresponds to their parent’s gender. Children above the age of 8 may change by themselves in their own gendered changing room.
- Please use the bins provided for used hand towels and general waste only. Please do not use the bins for soiled nappies, sanitary towels or clinical waste of any kind. These items must be taken off site by you.
- No students are allowed into the pool outside of designated lesson times. Please do not get in early. When lessons have finished please get changed in the changing rooms (or on poolside) and leave quietly so as not to disrupt the next class or other users.
- There is strictly no food allowed on poolside to protect our floors and cleanliness standards.
- Please do not let your children and families run around the swimming pool or changing rooms once in the facility. Children must stay with you at all times, especially in the case of siblings during the lessons. Please do not let them run around outside either as cars will be coming and going and the surrounding areas are privately owned.
- We take no responsibility for our students, their siblings, or families outside of the actual swimming pool and designated lesson time. It is your responsibility to make sure that your children (and families) obey the pool rules at all times and do not cause danger to themselves or others outside of your lesson time.
- There are secure & private changing rooms in both male and female changing areas.
- Disabled toilets and changing facilities can be found in the staff changing area.
- Diving lessons may be taught in the deep end.
- Secure locked facility (gate codes will be emailed to you on booking).
Parking & Where to Go:
- Ample free parking for this pool is located down Clarkson Road, just off Grange Road. Please park down this road and walk to the pool which will take roughly 2 minutes. Please note that the road can be very busy at school pick up so we suggest arriving early so you don’t have to park too far down.
- Entry to the school is strictly through the North Drive side gate which is located directly to the right of 73 Grange Rd. Please do not enter through the main school building for security reasons. Once through the security gate please make sure it is closed behind you and that no one else slips through who you do not know. This goes for when you leave as well. You can view the exact route here.
- You will need to make a note of a door code to enter the school which has strict security. This door code changes every term and will be emailed to you at the start of the term and will also be on your invoice. We suggest saving it in your phone as without it you will not be able to enter the site.
- If you are cycling to the venue, you can park your bicycle on the other side of the entry gate.
- Upon entering the building please proceed to use the relevant changing rooms.
- Please check the map below in order to plan your journey.
St Johns College School
St Johns College School pool