Explore our pools and venues
Students: Adults & Children
Length/Width: 19m x 9m
A beautiful 19m x 9m pool located in Central Cambridge:
DW Sports Fitness Cambridge offers the ideal pool for intermediate to advanced level students to hone their skills whilst improving their endurance and stamina. The facility boasts a large gym, viewing gallery with cafe, saunas and steam rooms and a vibrant environment that makes it one of our most versatile and sought-after venues in Cambridge.
It is this versatility that allows us to hold children’s weekly lessons, one-on-one coaching for adults and higher level “Swim Club” sessions for our older students looking to take their skills and stamina that little bit further.
Relax with a hot coffee whilst your child enjoys the excellent experience that DW Sports Cambridge has to offer!
Please read below for more information on pool rules and facilities:
- As DW Sports is a public leisure facility, we need to be respectful to other users at all times.
- Upon entering the club, each individual client must sign in at reception and complete a medical form. You can do this form in advance by downloading it from here or you can simply do a new one when you arrive. (A parent/guardian to sign in on behalf of each individual child receiving instruction.)You are only permitted to enter the swimming pool when under the supervision of the instructor i.e. at the start of your lesson.
- Children under the age of 8 years must be accompanied by an adult throughout the building and should either change in the same-gendered changing room as their parent or use the family changing room provided. Children over the age of 8 may change by themselves and should be met by a parent on poolside afterwards to hand over to their instructor.
- In order to avoid overcrowding on poolside, once you have handed your child over to their instructor, please observe lessons from the cafe/viewing gallery area.
- Parents must then collect children from the instructor on poolside before getting changed and leaving.
- Any smaller children and babies that are not being taught must be kept under your control and not be allowed to leave your side.
- Once you are in on poolside, please remove any outdoor footwear or put on overshoes provided. Buggies are not allowed on poolside to ensure good hygiene.
- Please use the bins provided for used hand towels and general waste only. Please do not use the bins for soiled nappies, sanitary towels or clinical waste of any kind. These items must be taken off site by you.
- No students are allowed into the pool outside of designated lesson times. Please do not get in early. When lessons have finished please get changed in the changing rooms (or on poolside) and leave quietly so as not to disrupt the next class or other users.
- There is strictly no food allowed on poolside to protect our floors and cleanliness standards.
- Please do not let your children and families run around the swimming pool or changing rooms once in the facility. Children must stay with you at all times, especially in the case of siblings during the lessons. Please do not let them run around outside either as cars will be coming and going and the surrounding areas are privately owned.
- We take no responsibility for our students, their siblings, or families outside of the actual swimming pool and designated lesson time. It is your responsibility to make sure that your children (and families) obey the pool rules at all times and do not cause danger to themselves or others outside of your lesson time.
- There is secure changing in both male and female changing rooms. A family changing room is also provided.
- Lockers require £1 to operate.
- DW Sports provides seating in the viewing gallery, where coffee machines and snack vending machines are also provided.
- If you would like to use the pool, sauna, gym or other facilities, please enquire at reception for details on memberships or single-day rates. Students and parents are otherwise not permitted to use any facilities other than the pool and only then if they are receiving tuition.
Parking & Where to Go:
- Ample free parking is available at the Beehive Centre, where DW is situated.
- DW Sports parking is free of charge for up to two hours. Longer durations can be paid for at reception – We recommend turning up early to make sure you can find a space!
- Once you have parked, make your way through to reception, where you must sign in. (A parent/guardian to sign in on behalf of each individual child receiving instruction.) From here you can make your way to the relevant changing rooms and then onto poolside.
- Please check the map below in order to plan your journey.
DW Sports Cambridge
DW Sports Cambridge