Explore our pools and venues
Students: Children (Weekly Lessons)
Length/Width: 10m x 5m
A beautiful newly renovated 10m x 5m pool located in the lovely village of Barrow, a short drive away from Bury St Edmunds:
We have recently redeveloped Barrow CEVC Primary School’s pool for the enjoyment of our valued customers, the school themselves and the local community – It even ended up winning us an award for Cambridge SME’s Community Business of the Year!
The pool offers a warm, quiet and pleasant environment in which your child can boost their confidence and enjoy their swimming lessons whilst making great strides in their technique in a short space of time, as you would expect from ESA.
We hope you love your time at Barrow School Pool as much as we have loved renovating it. You can read more about the journey here.
Please read below for more information on pool rules and facilities:
- Entry to the school pool is strictly through the side gate to the left of the school. Please do not enter through the main school building for security reasons. Once through the gate the swimming pool is located directly in front of you in the white single story building. The entrance door is on the right gable end of the building.
- Upon entering the building please proceed to use the relevant changing rooms located on the left for boys and the right for girls.
- Please ensure that all children entering the pool have showered first in order to preserve hygiene and the pool’s chemical balance.
- Please make sure to arrive at least 5 minutes early for lessons so that we can make a prompt start.
- Parents are encouraged to sit and watch the lessons but please try and remain seated so as not to disturb the teachers. Younger children who may be watching their siblings must be kept with you and under control at all times.
- Once your child’s lesson has finished please leave the poolside to make room for the parents of the next class.
- Once you are in on poolside, please remove any outdoor footwear or put on overshoes provided. Buggies are not allowed on poolside to ensure good hygiene.
- Please use the bins provided for used hand towels and general waste only. Please do not use the bins for soiled nappies, sanitary towels or clinical waste of any kind. These items must be taken off site by you.
- No students are allowed into the pool outside of designated lesson times. Please do not get in early. When lessons have finished please get changed in the changing rooms (or on poolside) and leave quietly so as not to disrupt the next class or other users.
- There is strictly no food allowed on poolside to protect our floors and cleanliness standards.
- Please do not let your children and families run around the swimming pool or changing rooms once in the facility.
- We take no responsibility for our students, their siblings, or families outside of the actual swimming pool and designated lesson time. It is your responsibility to make sure that your children (and families) obey the pool rules at all times and do not cause danger to themselves or others outside of your lesson time.
- There is secure changing available to your left as you enter the building.
- Seating is available on poolside.
- Showers and a hairdryer are provided at the pool.
Parking & Where to Go:
- Parking at Barrow School is located on the main playground through the side gate for classes from 4pm onwards on weekdays and all day on Saturdays during term time.
- If your child’s class starts earlier than 4pm on a weekday, we request that you park on Church Road outside the school as the school children will be in the playground at the time whilst they finish school for the day.
- Please note that the road can be very busy at school pick up therefore we suggest arriving early so you don’t have to park too far down.
- Entry to the school in this scenario is through the main school gate and then following the pedestrian route round to the left of the school building and onto the playground. Please do not use the main double gates to the playground unless they are already open.
- Please check the map below.