A beautiful 12m x 5m pool located in the tranquil Cambridge Waves Spa at the Hallmark Hotel.
The peaceful atmosphere here is perfect for students who need a quiet environment to develop their strokes and bolster their confidence. We have a lane all to ourselves, though there may be spa members present, the atmosphere is always nothing short of relaxing and friendly.
Relax on a lovely comfortable sun-lounger whilst your child enjoys the 30°C temperatures of one of Cambridge’s most exquisite hotel spas!
Please read below for more information on pool rules and facilities:
Length/Width: 15m x 6m
- There is secure changing in both male and female changing rooms. Men’s lockers require keys, which are stored at reception.
- Female changing rooms need to be accessed via poolside. Female changing room lockers require a £1 coin to operate.
- Baby changing facilities at Cambridge Waves are limited and nappy bins are not provided.
- Towels can be rented at reception for 80p.
- Disabled access at Cambridge Waves is limited, please ask at reception for further information.
- Please enquire at reception for details on discounted memberships, use of facilities or the bar/cafe areas – We encourage you to enjoy your time at Hallmark Hotel!
Parking & Where to Go
- Hallmark Hotel parking is free for up to two hours. Longer durations can be paid for at reception – We recommend turning up early to make sure you can find a space!
- Once you have parked, make your way through the main hotel entrance, past the reception desk and follow the signs to Cambridge Waves Health Club, where you must sign in. (A parent/guardian to sign in on behalf of each individual child receiving instruction.) From here you can make your way to the relevant changing rooms and then onto poolside.
- Please check the map below in order to plan your journey.
Cambridge CB23 8EU
Bar Hill, Cambridge CB23 8EU, UK
Cambridge Waves Memberships
The Waves Health Club also offers memberships for ESA customers, which boast plenty of benefits, including:
- 10% off selected beverages in the hotel’s bars and restaurants
- 20% off food from the lounge and restaurant menus
- Free use of other Waves Health & Leisure Clubs throughout the UK
- Free month’s membership when referring other members who stay for a minimum of three months
- Two complimentary guest passes when joining or renewing your annual membership
- 50% off leisure club membership discount when also a full member of the hotel’s golf club
- 6-day guest pass if you come in on your birthday (worth up to £60!)
- 20% discount off all treatments at The Retreat
So why not work on achieving those fitness goals while we work on your child’s swimming technique! Or just enjoy a hard-earned discounted beverage or snack after lessons. You can view more details here: Cambridge Waves Membership
Your own private coach for 30 mins of intense coaching to work on your goals.
The fee quoted is for 30 mins but we can also offer 45 mins and 60 minutes pro rata!
Term Time Only
A whole term of intense tuition to transform your children’s swimming ability in every area.
We use the best pools throughout Cambridge and Suffolk.
Important Rules for The Hallmark Hotel
- As the facility is a spa and private members club, we need to be respectful to other users at all times.
- Only one adult from each family is allowed on poolside to watch lessons, to avoid overcrowding.
- Any smaller children and babies that are not being taught must be kept under your control and not be allowed to leave your side.
- Once you are in on poolside, please remove any outdoor footwear or put on overshoes provided. Buggies are not allowed on poolside to ensure good hygiene.
- Please use the bins provided for used hand towels and general waste only. Please do not use the bins for soiled nappies, sanitary towels or clinical waste of any kind. These items must be taken off site by you.
- No students are allowed into the pool outside of designated lesson times. Please do not get in early. When lessons have finished please get changed in the changing rooms (or on poolside) and leave quietly so as not to disrupt the next class or other users.
- There is strictly no food allowed on poolside or in the changing rooms to protect our floors and cleanliness standards.
- Please do not let your children and families run around the swimming pool or changing rooms once in the facility. Children must stay with you at all times, especially in the case of siblings during the lessons. Please do not let them run around outside either as cars will be coming and going and the surrounding areas are privately owned.
- We take no responsibility for our students, their siblings, or families outside of the actual swimming pool and designated lesson time. It is your responsibility to make sure that your children (and families) obey the pool rules at all times and do not cause danger to themselves or others outside of your lesson time.