A wonderful 15m x 6m pool situated in North-West Cambridge.
King’s Hedges Learner Pool is one of our longest-running venues and has seen many a student go from an absolute beginner with a fear of the water go on to achieve incredibly impressive results. As King’s Hedges is a shallow pool and heated to a balmy 30°C, it is the ideal environment for younger children to conquer any initial hesitation they may have and begin the journey to mastering their swimming technique.
King’s Hedges is partitioned into three sections, all of which contain lessons of various different abilities (but usually recommended for Stages 4 or under), allowing us to deliver a truly personal service tailored to your child’s individual needs..
If your child is starting out with swimming or just looking to perfect all four strokes in a comfortable and friendly environment, then look no further than King’s Hedges!
Length/Width: 15m x 6m
- There are secure & private changing rooms in both male and female changing areas.
- King’s Hedges Learner Pool provides excellent disabled access, including an entry ramp, disabled toilets, accessible changing and a hoist for safe pool entry.
- Please enquire at reception if you have any questions and the Better Leisure staff will be happy to assist.
Parking & Where to Go
- Ample free parking is available on-site.
- King’s Hedges offers accessible parking facilities.
- Once you are parked in the large free car parking area (clearly signposted once on Buchan Street), turn right out of the entrance to the car park and follow the path around the industrial units towards the children park.
- The Swimming Pool is the last building on the right before you leave the path and is clearly signposted “Kings Hedges Learner Pool.
- Once you have entered the building, please sign in at reception and if it is your first time at King’s Hedges, you will be asked to fill out a short medical form. Alternatively, you can scan your Better Leisure card to save you from having to fill out the forms.
- Please check the map below in order to plan your journey.
Cambridge CB4 2XF
Jedburgh Court, Buchan Street, Cambridge CB4 2XF
School Holiday Courses
All school holidays (5 days)
5 days of intense tuition to transform your children’s swimming ability in 1 week during the school holidays.
Term Time Only
A whole term of intense tuition to transform your children’s swimming ability in every area.
We use the best pools throughout Cambridge and Suffolk.
Important Rules for King’s Hedges Learner Pool
- Upon entering the building please proceed to use the relevant changing rooms. Children under 7 years of age should be accompanied whilst changing and use whichever changing room relates to the gender of the parent or guardian whom they are with.
- Once changed, proceed onto poolside and make sure to remove all outdoor footwear or wear the overshoes provided at the entrance to the poolside.
- Please make sure to arrive at least 5 minutes early for lessons so that we can make a prompt start.
- Parents are encouraged to sit and watch the lessons but please try and remain seated so as not to disturb the teachers. Younger children who may be watching their siblings must be kept with you and under control at all times.
- Please do not obstruct any of the fire exits.
- All students must wear swimming hats – Either those provided, or you are welcome to bring your own.
- No students are allowed into the pool outside of designated lesson times. Please do not get in early or without a lifeguard present. When lessons have finished please get changed in the changing rooms and leave quietly, so as not to disrupt the next class.
- There is strictly no food allowed on poolside to protect our floors and cleanliness standards.
- Please do not let your children and families run around the swimming pool or changing rooms once in the facility. Children must stay with you at all times, especially in the case of siblings during the lessons. Please do not let them run around outside either as cars will be coming and going and the surrounding areas are privately owned.
- We take no responsibility for our students, their siblings, or families outside of the actual swimming pool and designated lesson time. It is your responsibility to make sure that your children (and families) obey the pool rules at all times and do not cause danger to themselves or others outside of your lesson time.