Transform your freestyle technique in one intense half day course
Freestyle Technique Clinics
The next course will run on Saturday 10th Feb between 10.30am and 2.30pm at Bottisham Sports Centre
If you are at a plateau with your training, fed up with people overtaking you who look like they are doing half the amount of work, struggling to get any faster, find swimming a real chore or generally want to improve your technique then this course is definitely the best choice of our services for you and will give you the fastest results. You will not only LEARN what you are doing wrong, but will be able to SEE what you are doing wrong with our state-of-the-art underwater video analysis system. You will leave with a whole new understanding of effective methods and techniques to develop all aspects of your freestyle swimming specific to YOUR stroke.
All of our Open Water Freestyle Technique Clinics are taught personally by Edward Williams – ESA founder & accomplished channel swimmer.
Ed incorporates his experience of his recent North Channel swim into his clinics in order to give you first hand advice relevant to improving your stroke, especially over long distances whether indoors or outdoors.
To be a great swimmer it is vital to understand the key elements of swimming technique. We will put you on this path with a combination of theory, discussion and practical work. In 4 hours you will learn exactly where your individual technical isues lie and you will learn how to correct them in order to swim faster with less effort and vastly more confidence.
In the classroom: 1 hour
Every freestyle technique course starts in the classroom where we will meet for welcome drinks before sitting down and discussing the days schedule in a relaxed environment.
We will cover:
- Understanding the main elements of perfect technique
- What’s holding you back within your stroke
- Understanding a perfect front crawl technique with our CGI annimation software
- Strength and flexability for optimum performance in the water
- How to swim faster, for longer and with less effort
In the pool: 2 hours
- Putting the classroom technique into action
- Video analysis of your stroke above and below the water. This will be edited and posted to you afterwards with a personalised written commentary to give you some points to work on after the course.
- How to integrate excellent technique into your stamina training, i.e. how to swim with perfect form even when you are tired!
- There will be very little stamina work and much more focus on discussion, understanding the elements of technique, and putting it into action over short distances.
- Students will be moved one by one into a separate lane for some 1-2-1 video analysis. This will be played back to you in the classroom where we will dicuss your strengths and weaknesses. A copy of your individual video footage will be posted to you along with a detailed written commentry of all the points you need to work on.
In the classroom: 1.5 hour
When we get back to the classroom environment we will discuss and analyse everything we have learned including:
- Full analysis of your individual stroke from the video footage
- The secrets of swimming fast without losing your technique
- The psychology of swimming (one of our guest lecturers will be giving a talk on how to change your mindset for optimum results)
- Summary with Q&A
We hold our half day clinics at Bottisham Village College which has a wonderful 25m pool which we have exclusive use of when we run a clinic. This means plenty of space for everyone and a really personal service every step of the way.
Our half-day clinics cost £200. This fee includes both practical coaching and classroom teaching, HD video analysis, all course materials, guest speakers and after care support. As with all of our services it comes with the ESA 100% money back guarantee!
Freestyle Clinic Testimonials
“I want to thank for a most enjoyable day on sunday, it was worth every penny. Got rid of some poor habits that had slipped in, gave me a reminder of how I might be able to swim if I focused a bit more and also interesting to learn new techniques which were previously not the accepted methods. It was fun and I really liked your natural but precise method of delivery”
KATE PHILIPS – FITNESS SWIMMER
“This course was like nothing else I have ever experienced in the world of swimming coaching! The progress I made in just 4 hours is truly remarkable. Over a 400m sprint I am now 3 minutes faster and my stroke rate has dropped below 20 per length when it was 26 Strokes per length yesterday! Best money I have invested in myself for a long time.”
EDDIE MATTHEWS – TRIATHLETE
“Thank you for a spectacular open water course. When you said we would walk away a different swimmer by the end of the day I thought “yes right!” I have been proven wrong and will testify that I have learned more with you in 4 hours than in the last 20 years! I am now faster than my brother for the first time ever. Thank you!”
MARK GRIGGS – TRIATHLETE
“Out standing, is how I would describe the advice from elite swim academy. I feel sure that with their help I will dodge the channel tunnel train fare and swim the channel. Simple techniques taught with a bit of common sense and in an unpatronising way”
JULIA DAVIS – ASPIRING CHANNEL SWIMMER